Friday, April 18, 2008

Ok, here it is

The Teenage Ravings of a Middle-aged Woman

I'm way past my prime,
no longer a cutie
Gray hairs on my head,
got a 50-year-old booty
If life is a movie,
please hit the rewind
I'm a middle-aged woman
with a teenager's mind

I'm wearing lots of make-up and teasing my hair
And filling my top drawer with thong underwear
But the clothes that they're selling don't fit my behind
I'm a middle-aged woman with a teenager's mind

Then I'll say, give it up, knock it off, you old fool
But that's where the silliness starts
Soon I'm filling up notebooks with only your name
And dotting the i's with hearts

I'm looking at men in a different way
I'm out on the prowl. You poor saps are just prey
The young ones are cute but the old ones are blind
I'm a middle-aged woman with a teenager's mind

Then I'll say give it up, knock it off, you old fool
This is no way for a mother to act
My daughters are anxious, pissed off and embarrassed
And thinking the old bitch has cracked

I don't have the hormones I had in my youth
I'm tired and I'm cranky, if you must know the truth
But in my head there's a kegger, in my loins, a rock band
And you can have a listen but you gotta use your hand

Then I'll say give it up, knock it off, you old fool
Your ship hasn't sailed, it has sunk
Just take this advice and have a big yard sale
or find a new use for your junk

I'm a little more desperate than I was yesterday
I'm looking at appliances in a meaningful way
If I don't get some soon I'm afraid I'll go blind
I'm a middle-aged woman with a teenager's mind.

I sang it for the gals at work yesterday. They enjoyed it, made me sing it twice. Last night the boys and I shared our songs. Bill's is about dinosaurs and Jeff wrote one about taking a pill to cure all your ills. They're still a little rough but I think they're going to be really good songs, especially Jeff's.

Hooray, it's Friday! Song workshop tomorrow. We're going early because Peter had a scheduling conflict. We'll do the workshop in the morning and then go to his concert in the afternoon. Lindsay is having her birthday party tomorrow. I'm putting together some party food but mostly they'll be on their own. That's a first. My kids are grown.

Ok, back to work.

3 comments:

vivage said...

I love it.

I heard last night was fun and some great music was made.

Donita Curioso said...

It was nice having Liam join us. His guitar playing really added some fullness to our sound.

vivage said...

Yeah, Liam really had a good time and then the hub told me it was a good night all the way thru.

I'm glad you're all playing music together.