Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Ah, the day has finally arrived! Tree season is over! Oh yeah, Christmas is here, too. Hey, Christmas.

Didn't get all the shopping done but I just couldn't allow myself to get uptight about it. Staying away from the shopping madness was my way of being kind to myself. I'm really hoping that one day I'll be able to enjoy the whole Christmas scene again. If I'm selling trees next year someone please shoot me.

Today we drove to LAX and dropped off Lindsay and Kyle. Tuesday Paige leaves for Paris and Jim and I drive up to the Leece's. I do enjoy that part of Christmas. Hanging out with the sibs in SLO is always enjoyable and the post-holiday shopping is fun.

Lindsay and Kyle get back on the 31st and Paige comes back on Jan 2nd. After that I'll settle into my usual post-holiday happy time. I can't wait! I'm going to set up the painting studio and get to work.

It's nice to have somethign to look forward to!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Thank you for giving us Lindsay for Christmas! It's so great having she & Kyle here :)

Donita Curioso said...

Have a wonderful visit with them. Lindsay was so excited to meet the rest of Kyle's family and friends. I know the visit will be good for Kyle. He's had such a rough time lately.

Today we're goofing off! Poor Jim has a cold so his goofing off is mandatory. I'm lounging. I did a little poking around in the barns looking for art inspiration. I also checked out the room I'll be using for my painting studio. I think there's enough room in there to set up one corner for my exercise ball and weights. Gotta find a rug somewhere- a NEW one!

vivage said...

Congrats on surviving tree season! Tell Jim to get well soon. Colds are bad for fun, but good for lounging.

Hope all the kids have a great time visiting family and Paris.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Merry Krimble, Smith family.