Monday, October 09, 2006

Taking Timio's

Paige's fledgling band needs a place to practice. I asked Dad if she could Timio's empty apartment as a practice room and he said ok. Yesterday five of her friends came over to help clean the place. We need to make it secure so they can store their instruments there. Lots of holes to plug. We're going to seal most of the doors shut and board up the windows. One of the bathrooms seems to work pretty well and there are two extra rooms that can be used for storage. The kitchen is unusable but we don't really need it. I think it's going to work out pretty well.

Those kids are so excited about having their own space. They had been practicing at one kid's house but his dad didn't like it eating into his tv time (!) so they had to come up with something else. I don't get that attitude. You've got a great group of kids who want to do a cool, fun thing and you don't want to open up your home to them because it interferes with TV TIME??? Puh-leeez! I'm just glad we have something to offer them. I would have moved my living room furniture out of the way and let them practice in there. Fortunately, we gots barns.

And it's quite likely us adults will be needing that space, too. Casual Sunday is breaking up and will probably reform as a new band minus Ken. He's just not happy doing what we've been doing and wants to get back to playing with the Klones. That's the short version of the story and it's all I'm going to write about here. One reason is we don't really know what the whole story is yet. Certain conversations have not yet occurred. I'm sure it will all get resolved.

We have to hold it together until the party on the 21st. But if we don't we still have the TV's Kyle band, Paige's band and the Canaries. We can make cds for dancing. I'm just not going to get worked up about it. Not anymore.

So! Lots of work to do. We have to get the room together and I need to work on Halloween decorations and costumes. I can already see time slipping away. Typical.

So I'd better stop doing this and work on the party invitation!

5 comments:

vivage said...

Billy Canary will be up in Santa Cruz on the 21st. I'm on carting the kids around duty that weekend. Zoe has the Mt Sac x country meet on the 21st.

It's cool the kids have a place to practice, they need that. And I'd rather know where my kids are than offing them off to someone else. And the extra bonus is you get to see/hear them play!

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, so we'll have one Canary. Anyway, I ain't stressin'.

The kids are out there right now. I'm hearing little spurts of music-like sounds but they're not getting anything off the ground. The drummer couldn't make it tonight. But hey, it's cool. They'll get there.

vivage said...

Drummers must march to a different beat cuz it always seems like you guys are missing drummers. I guess it's a good thing the Canaries don't have a drummer (but for sure one of the strummers will be missing).

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Unfortunately, I don't own the rights to the Canaries' name. Bit I'll practice.

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- There just aren't enough good drummers. The good ones are taken!

Jeff- You're in!