Monday, October 02, 2006

Lake Mojave

Ahhhh, nice weekend.

Adults only. This time we had Stacey and Scotty, Drew and Mindy, Sean and his new girlfriend Roxanna, Lindsay and Kyle and Jim and me. Good group. It was fun having Lindsay and Kyle along. Paige couldn't go because Ramona's homecoming game was Friday night and she had to play with the band. She stayed with a friend for the weekend. Dede came to Riverside and stayed with Dad.

We got out there late morning on Friday. We found a cove and set up camp and then went back to the marina for lunch. Since we were such a small group we had almost all of our meals at the marina. Much easier than cooking in camp but dang, the food was kinda crummy. Didn't get a good cook this weekend, I guess. I tried to sort of stick to the low carb stuff for the most part. I did pretty well and didn't totally blow it carb-wise.

In the afternoon we kicked back on the beach. The water was too cold for me to swim in but Lindsay, Kyle and Jim went in. I'm a cold water sissy. Stacey had pre-mixed some Bloody Marys but she didn't add much alcohol. I had three of them in a row and didn't feel a thing. Then Scotty mixed up a batch of Margaritas. Holy crap.

I had one just before we went to dinner and another one on the boat on the way to the marina. They went down just like punch and punch me they did! It didn't really start to bother me until we sat down. Then it was ohnowhathaveidoneiamsoooooeffedup. Of course Jim thought that was the perfect opportunity to mess with me. He kept making faces at me which caused a major sensory overload. Funny Jim. I barely got through dinner. Getting back on the boat was a project.

After we got back to camp I downed a lot of water which helped quite a lot. After about an hour I felt much better. Scotty and Sean built a fire. We performed the Kyle songs for everybody. Jim and I made a lot of mistakes. He was playing a mini keyboard in the dark and I was still pretty drunk.

I don't think we stayed up very late. I was uncomfortable trying to sleep because it was kind of cold. I had come prepared for it to be warm at night and only had a light blanket. I was glad to see the dawn. I wasn't hung over, which surprised me.

Drew and Mindy showed up in the morning. The day was very relaxing. I made sure I paced myself with the alcohol. We mostly sat around reading and chatting. Lindsay and Kyle drew cartoons.

After dinner we built a fire. Drew and MIndy had missed the previous evening's performance of the Kyle songs so we performed them again. Much better this time! The Scottyritas were flowing (this time I diluted mine with Crystal Light which I was told was a "party foul" but I didn't care). The party was on. Sometimes that fire got pretty big. Drew and Sean and Scotty kept finding dead bushes to drag to the fire. Stacey had happy feet. Everyone was telling jokes (drunkenly) and since Kyle isn't a drinker he stayed sharp and inserted his Kyle-isms into the conversation which was, of course, freakin' hilarious. I was laughing so hard my face hurt. It was great!

We stayed up pretty late. The temperature was much more pleasant the second night and I slept pretty comfortably. After breakfast we hung out for a while and then packed up. We left for home around 2:15. We had dinner on the way and later hit some slow traffic so we didn't get home until 8:30.

A fun, fun weekend. Lindsay and Kyle even got to drive the boat (thanks, Drew!). I enjoyed meeting Roxanna. It was her first time meeting any of us and I think she had a good time. It's always fun talking to Sean. He has good stories. And hanging out with my sibs is just the best.

3 comments:

Jim said...

It _was_ a great weekend, and we traveled with fun company. On the way home, we got stuck in what I guess is the usual Sunday after-weekend traffic on 15, and we were getting pretty bored, and then Kyle came up with an alphabetic naming game (name a cartoon character that begins with every letter in the alphabet beginning with A; then we did pop songs and celebrities) that really helped keep the mind awake and the mood fun for the duration of the slow traffic. Lots of fun!

vivage said...

Ohhh, sounds like a very fun weekend. LOL, I think you weren't hung over the next day cuz all that shivering helped metabolize the alcohol.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Well, I don't remember any shivering but I was uncomfortable. Actually, I was a bit hung over on Sunday morning and that was after a warm night. Yep, you could be right.

The alphabet game was pretty fun.

oizaycu- a yiddish sneeze