Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Getting ready for this party

I'm a mad, shopping fool. I haven't shopped like this in ages. Food, decorations, art supplies, STUFF! As I go along I'm getting more ideas. I think this party is gonna look so cool.

I'm trying to do as much as I can ahead of time so I won't be running like a crazy person trying to pull it all together at the last minute. But you know that's going to happen anyway. Still, I think I'm in pretty good shape. Today I made a freakin' VAT of chili. Tomorrow I'll make the artichoke dip and freeze it. I'll do as much as I can but some things you just can't do ahead. Like chop cilantro. It just won't keep.

Tomorrow (today!) I'll take a load over to Stacey's and get started decorating. I guess I'll start with the garage. We're fixing it up to be the kid's party place. This will be black light decorating. I'm going to line two walls with black paper and paint day-glo monster type stuff on it. The other half of the garage will be separated by a large piece of fabric that I've had for YEARS. It's a giant piece of light orange polyester that I've painted with black, spooky shapes. We used to use it to enclose our patio in Santa Rosa. I've gotten sooo much use out of that piece of fabric. I also have a lot of black light stuff that I'll stick up here and there. If I have enough paper I'll cover the ceiling.

Gotta set up the band area. Drew's going to assemble a platform for the drummer. We're going to be performing on the grass so he'll need something to set the drums on or everything will fall over. I'm going to hang our spinning light balls from the beams over Scotty's barbeque area. That's going to be the dance floor.

Oh man, so much to do! There will be spooky displays everywhere. Gotta set up lighting. I have ideas for the food tables. I'm even going to decorate the bathroom.

But not tomorrow.

5 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Today I took a truck load of stuff to Stacey's. I didn't get a whole lot done but it's a good start. Stacey and the kids came home later in the afternoon and we all got to work on clearing out the garage. I put up the curtain and Audra helped me cover the walls with black paper. Tomorrow we'll paint the day-glo monsters on it.

When I first got there I sat down for a while and figured out where I want to put everything. Tomorrow I'll take over some of the big stuff like the witch's chair and the headstones. It's been pretty windy but it looks like it'll calm down by Saturday. We checked the forecast. Everything looks good, weather-wise.

Band disaster! Our new drummer messed up his right hand (how much damage can a saws-all do?) so he can't play on Saturday. AAAIIIEEE!!! I mean aaaiiieee about the hand, not aaaiiieee he can't play on Saturday. I hope he's ok.

As for us, we'll either get Ricky (Klones guitarist who is also a pretty decent drummer) to sub for us or we'll make some dance cds. Either way I'm not stressin'. I just want drummer Jim to get better.

We won't get a chance to practice with Ricky but he'll be familiar with most of the songs we do.

So, tomorrow- Go to Home Depot and the fabric store, paint a witch (for a game), and go to Stacey's.

Time to go check on the washing machine. I'm dyeing some stuff black.

vivage said...

I tried posting this last night but I couldn't get it to post.

soooo, I'm thinking ya'll are so hung over from the party that you haven't been able to post about the party. I heard it was fun but want to hear about it from you guys.

Jim said...

We're both operating on the verge of exhaustion, slowly recovering some, but still too much to do. It took until yesterday afternoon to get the band equipment and decorations removed from Stacey's house. Our house is a mess, largely from neglect, although we've begun catching up. I think that we're planning to rest today, and then begin decorating Kevin's for halloween tomorrow. Doni may be up to writing something today, perhaps.

vivage said...

Pace yourselves!

Jim said...

Yah, shah, we're all about pace. ;->