Monday, April 10, 2006

Recovering on Monday

Whew! What a weekend!

Saturday we were supposed to ride the bus to go to Paige's last drumline show. When we got to Ramona there were a lot of parents there who decided to go along on the bus. That worked out well for us because we really needed the day to work around here and get ready for Lindsay's birthday party. We decided we'd go to the show (it was in Rancho Cucamonga) and then come home and work on the house. Turns out the bus never showed up but there were enough parents there to take the kids to the competition.

Jim, Lindsay and I got there just before Ramona went on. I was glad Lindsay got to see the show. The kids did really well. They had added some more movements to their choreography which made their routine much more interesting. They came in 3rd.

Friday and Saturday we spent most of our time cleaning and working on party food. I was so wiped out. That was a lot of work! Sunday morning we hit the ground running. More cooking, more cleaning. We piled everything into the truck and the van and took it over to Ken's. I ended up having to make another trip to the store and to home but mostly we had everything together. But I can't help getting totally scattered. Too tired, brain no work.

The kids actually showed up early (!). No time to decorate. Sherri had some leis that we hung up around the yard. Instant festiveness. Ken and Sherri had taken Jessica out to brunch (it was her birthday, too) and showed up just before the guests
arrived. John and Joe came a little later. After a while we all went into the studio and played the 4 Kyle songs that we practiced. The crowd went wild.

We barbecued mass quantities. I got way too much food. We had ribs, chicken, killer beans, salad, artichoke dip with bread, chips, salsa and fruit. Carrot cake, chocolate cupcakes and ice cream for dessert. Brought most of it home. It's ok, I love leftover party food. After dinner we played the songs again. Then we threw everything into the cars and brought it all home and continued the party here. Pinata time!

Jeez! I think Lindsay and Kyle bought a kevlar pinata. It weighed a ton, totally stuffed full. I thought it would break under its own weight. After beating it with a wimpy plastic wiffle bat we switched to a wooden one and finally got it bashed to bits. Way too much candy.

The kids stayed until 11:30. Everyone had a great time. Lindsay has a good group of friends and I enjoyed being with them. Today I didn't do ANYTHING. Well, I did go up Mt. Rubidoux. I HAD to after eating all those bad carbs yesterday (yes, I fell off the wagon). Tomorrow, back to normal.

Ha!

19 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Walkarooney Wednesday 5.

Donita Curioso said...

Fer sherr. My body is in shock. I ate birthday cake. I had 3 beers.

cmjula- an Indonesian liqueur

vivage said...

Coolio bash! Love birthdays that are full of all the good things in life.

Donita Curioso said...

Hmmm, you might be onto something. I'm sure they're just cruising by but if I can get them to linger long enough maybe they'll hit the RC link. I'll have to find out how to say BUY MY GIFT WRAP in all these different languages. Look! Is that Viet Nam down there?

Donita Curioso said...

Jim added the RC link to my little message at the top. Thanks, Jim!!!

Jim said...

You're welcome, Doni. I see the second picture finally showed up, so I'll delete the first soon.

via http://www.google.com/language_tools (not always the best translation, I know):

English: Buy my gift wrap!

German: Kaufen Sie meine Geschenkverpackung

Spanish: Compre mi abrigo del regalo

French: Achetez ma enveloppe de cadeau

Italian: Compri il mio involucro del regalo

Portuguese (Sopa!): Compre meu envoltório do presente

Japanese (BETA): 私のギフトの覆いを買いなさい

Korean (BETA): 나의 선물 포장을 사십시요

Chinese (simplified BETA):
我买的礼物包装

Sorry, no Vietnamese or Cambodian...

axsaxi - Especially sexy sax music...

Donita Curioso said...

WOW! You've been busy!

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I'm big in Japan.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, yeah, because they're all so tiny.

Jim said...

I'm pretty big here, but it's never helped me. ;->

This busy boy has removed the second Curioso image.

dagawz - repeated awe at the size of a sandwich.

Donita Curioso said...

Thank you, busy boy!

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

This is one looong recovery!?

Donita Curioso said...

I'm done.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Done with recovering? Done with this blog? Done with one of your oldest and dearest friends? Are these rhetorical questions?

Donita Curioso said...

Done recovering. I've been very good with the diet since last weekend. I feel like I've lost a couple pounds. I'm back to feeling great. I think it takes about 3 days to recover from a weekend of indulgence.

Done with this blog? Nope.

Done with one of my oldest and dearest friends? Never!

Are these rhetorical questions? Are they question mark questions?

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Mark who?

Donita Curioso said...

You're too tall for me to give you noogies.

There. I have just given you a mental wedgie.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mpkfa-the sound made by e mental wedgie.

Jim said...

Wow, that was another big weekend! Many in a row!

How come this blog is all comments and no posts?

Am I rhetorical.

I go now.

sbyyeh - That's what I sby, I sbyyeh.