Monday, April 17, 2006

New Post!

I seem to be blogging after the weekends lately.

Happy Easter, everybody! On Saturday we had the boys over for dinner and egg dyeing. I left them to it and went out to the studio to work on mosaics. I'm kinda into that right now. I just finished covering a couple styrofoam balls with broken bits of ceramic. They look pretty cool. These are practice pieces. I want to do a table next.

Late Saturday night I played Easter bunny and hid the eggs and put baskets together. Now, earlier I was enjoying a mellow evening doing my little art thing and sipping tequila. But it wasn't THAT much tequila. I hid 21 eggs but they could only find 15 of them. I'm thinking probably some critter got 'em. But I couldn't remember all the hiding spots so we'll never know for sure.

I gave Rory his Easter basket when he went home. Kyle spent the night. It was a little strange setting out 3 Easter baskets on the mantle. It was the first time ever that we had an extra kid (?) for the egg hunt. Yes, we still do egg hunts. I'll be hiding eggs when I'm 80 years old and pushing a walker. This year our egg hunters were ages 15, 21 and 26 (almost 27)!

Sunday afternoon we worked on some more Kyle songs. It's always a pleasure working on these silly, fun songs. Kyle said he talked to some friends in L.A. who might interested in having us open for their band. Cool!

Timio's been moving his stuff out. The back alley is almost clear. We're still waiting to see what he does with the barn yard. I'm betting he'll take his tools and working equipment and leave us with all the crap. At this point I don't care. I'm just happy to see them go. We're working on a new land deal (The first one fell through. No surprise there.) so being able to get back there and clean is a good thing. We can toss with reckless abandon.

And now I'm going to grout a ball.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can make me stop going to people's houses trick-or-treating, but nothing will stop me from running around my own front yard looking for eggs!

Thanks for playin easter bunny year after year, momma. *hug*

ayddecat - French saying meaning, "Honey, that blasted animal's gotten herself stuck up a tree again. Please go help her down."

vivage said...

What's with all the discussions on balls?

Sounds like a grand weekend topped off by a grander eggy hunting day.
cjfdbpg: A word verification sequence

jujwabik: Bilked out of successful word verfication: Verifiction juju

Donita Curioso said...

Lindsay- Hug back atcha. You're welcome!

Virginia- Well, the balls I'm talking about are the styrofoam ones covered with mosaic. The boys are having a different conversation about balls on another blog. Boys are icky.

xipgrs- the noise a dog makes when he can't make up his mind.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Old Post!

fzkzn-cousin-flavored fizzies

Jim said...

Post-"Old Post" Post Post!