Sunday, August 28, 2022

Life Changes

  My life needs to change, so I'm forcing it to.  I have not often been successful at making meaningful, and desired changes to my life.  Fasting is one life decision that I've managed to stick to, although not as perfectly as I'd like.  There are lots of things I'd like to change, and maybe with this new shift, I can make them happen.  I know how wishy-washy that sounds.  But it's a start.


I'm starting a business.  I need to if I'm not going to end up destitute, or have to become a Walmart greeter, of get a job slinging fast food.  I have talent, and I need to start using it to support myself.  Should have been doing that all along.  All my life I've been a late bloomer.  There are reasons for that.  None of them matter.

I'm starting a design business in this modern age, using technology I don't know much about, with habitual ways of thinking that never served me all that well.  I've been watching many, many YouTube videos on the subject, and with each one I'm learning, and at the same time I'm being overwhelmed by how much I don't know.  I can't stop now.  Too many people are pulling for me.

At the top of this page I've placed my personal motto- Right Foot, Left Foot, Repeat.  Years ago, at an amusement park in Missouri, there was a guy making those personalized calligraphy things using Chinese characters.  He couldn't speak English, but I managed to communicate what I wanted through his son.  He smiled and made it for me.  I even wrote down the pronunciation on the back.  It's been hanging in my art room, but I'm moving it to my office so I can see it as I sit at my desk. 


I need to be reminded.  I make it way too easy to allow myself to give up. 

I got my new computer.  Later today my new printer will be delivered.  I've been without these things for about two years.  I've been doing everything on my phone, and getting something printed was inconvenient.  How lame is that?  I had gotten a drawing pad, but installing it was way too hard, and the connections didn't fit well.  They made it so it's barely compatible with Mac.  I'm returning it and getting the kind I had before.  It'll be here tomorrow.  I'm getting myself a Photoshop subscription so I can get started on making my paintings all pretty, and getting them into digital form.  Eventually I'll add Illustrator so I can start designing on the computer, instead of making physical paintings.  Well, I'll still paint, because I already know how to do that.  I don't know how long it will take me to get something that's ready to upload on Etsy, but I will be working every day to make that happen.

So much to learn.  I can't stop.

 

No comments: