Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Better Today

 Yesterday was better.  I got some stuff done.  I made a list of the chores I want to do every day that will move me forward.  Stuff like working on the tv room floor, tearing up my carpet piece by manageable piece (along with the effing staples), working in the front yard (pulling weeds mostly), training Maisie, and general tidying up.  I didn't include stuff like exercise or housework.  I don't need to encourage myself to get to water aerobics, and no matter how many times I put housework on a list, I know it won't get done.  Why set myself up for failure?

I returned the pen pads I ordered back to Amazon.  The (hopefully) right one should be here by Monday.  Yesterday afternoon I watered all the stuff I want to keep alive during this heatwave.  Heavy, deep watering.  Jeez, my utilities bill is going to be high this month and next month.

My weight has dropped a couple pounds.  I'm hovering at around 200 pounds.  I want to nudge that down. I realized the other day that I might be sabotaging myself a bit because any number below 200 looks weird to me.  I'm not used to it.  It's pretty silly, but I think it might be true.

It's 1:30 and I haven't done anything on the list yet.  I'm off to a roaring start.  Ok, I'll go do something now.  I'll check in later.

No comments: