Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Progress

Not a lot, but enough to help me feel better.

The plumber came today. Turns out the drain didn't need rooting, it needed replacing. It was just too small. Bigger bill for that one and when I saw what he had done it made me think he overcharged me a bit. Ok, whatever. It's fixed and I can proceed with the bathroom project without fear of further damage. And now we won't have to stand by the washer and turn it off and on while it drains every time we do a load.

The furniture repair guy came by and picked up the bedroom set I'm going to use in my room. It's this cool, walnut 1960's set that I got from Mindy and Drew. There's a dresser with a mirror, an armoire, and two night stands. The drawers didn't work very well so he's going to install glides. He's also going to fix the doors on the armoire so they close properly. Since I'm planning to have this set for a very long time I wanted everything to function perfectly right from the start. I'd rather spend the money now and get it fixed than be dissatisfied every time I open a drawer.

I got out a notebook and wrote lists for every project I have planned. It really looks like a lot but I think it's all doable. I might have to put the retaining walls on hold for a while, but I think I'll have enough money for the rest. Today Paige got a ticket for parking on the street during street sweeper hours. Widening the driveway is a high priority.

I feel a momentum building. Cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of positive energy has replaced the previous post!
Lists are good! You get to cross stuff off! Sometimes I add something to a list because I've already done it, just so I can cross it off (maybe I need counseling)
I know what you mean about getting the furniture fixed-if it's something that would bother you every day, it's sooo worth it to get it right from the start.
Our house is coming along, lots of rain delays, materials on back-order, etc., but it's getting there!. Will show you pics when we come which is 2 WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!!

Mommala

baligh- how I feel when I eat something that doesn't agree with me

Anonymous said...

That's so funny about putting things on a list you've already done so you can cross them off - I've been known to do that, too!

Jon's daughter, Sarah, had it all figured out when she was in 4th grade. She made a good, long list, and one of her items was: Cross things off list!

siversh - (gotta say it with an accent) Ah, siversh! Don't worry, things'll get better!