Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ikea

Always an adventure.

Paige has been working on her room and needed some furniture. I'm going to be getting her a queen sized bed, so she needs a bed frame. We went to Ikea and dragged Gabe along. He really wasn't interested in going but when he got there he really liked it. It was Paige's first time there too. It took a long time to go through the whole store because they were enjoying the whole Ikea shopping experience. Paige picked out a bed frame she liked but they were out of stock. We'll go back next week and get it. We did get the dresser she wanted.

I found a very nice sink and vanity for the front bathroom. The vanity is $179 and the sink is $100. There's also a medicine cabinet and a tall, narrow floor cabinet. All the pieces are really nice looking. I wasn't really planning to get stuff for the bathroom today so I put that idea on hold. When we reached the end of our Ikea journey we went to the As-Is section. That's where they have floor models and damaged items for sale at a much reduced price. Sitting on a pallet were 6 sinks, all the model I liked. I asked the guy why they were there. He said some of them were part of a shipment that had come in damaged boxes and some of them they just got for free from the company. They're in perfect condition and they were fifty bucks apiece. So, I bought two of them. I love a good score.

The sink in my other bathroom is shot. It's all crusty with mineral deposits and it's stained with rust. There's no way to clean it and I was planning to replace it anyway. Getting these two sinks changes my decorating plans a bit but really, these are an upgrade. When we go back for Paige's bed I'll get the vanity for the front bathroom. And now I have a problem.

I had the front bathroom all planned out. I even bought the paint. But now I'm thinking of going in a whole different direction and that orange paint might not work. All my cutsey ideas for the cabinet and the stuff I was going to put on the walls are out the window. Hell, even my idea for the window has to change. Oh well. This isn't the biggest problem I've ever had, eh?

Uh-oh. Now I'm getting ideas. Time for wine.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

In vino veritas

Maria

Donita Curioso said...

Fuckin' A.

Donita Curioso said...

Tonight Paige and Gabe built her dresser. I helped a little. It took 2 and a half hours.

Lio got stuck on the roof.

Anonymous said...

But I bet it's one sturdy dresser.

stota--a part leftover after assembling a piece of furniture from Ikea; usually small, round, and metal

Anonymous said...

-dean

Donita Curioso said...

I don't think it's all that sturdy. No dove-tailed joints in Ikea furniture. But if it doesn't get abused it should last a good long time.

polipsa- A greek exclamation. Polipsa!

tim snead said...

Have a good time with Michelle, ma belle, (more frenchie words...)

I've refurbished my account and I hope this publishes as "Tim Snead" which is "Dean Smith" backwards... almost.

This is a test.

Anonymous said...

Tim H. Snead covers it all!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but it's not as tidy.

-dean