Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tra-la-la!

I'm painting my garage. I can't do it all at once because there's so much stuff in there. I'm working on one section at a time. But, hey, progress! I went to Lowe's yesterday and bought paint. I found a gallon of pre-mixed paint on clearance for five bucks. I love getting deals like that. And it was almost the exact color I was thinking of anyway. I also bought a gallon of white ($7) to do the cabinets. It feels good to finally get started on pulling it all together.

Lio wants to hang out with me while I paint but I have to keep an eye on him. Or I should say I have to keep an eye on Lady. Lio really wants to make friends with the dogs but Lady keeps getting aggressive with him. A couple months ago when Lio got chomped I thought Boz was the one who did it. Now I'm pretty sure it was Lady. Today she really went after Lio. I chased her around the yard with a broom. It didn't seem to make much difference because she came back for more. Her days are numbered.

Tonight I'm going to play music with a new group of people. One of the guys in our uke circle is hosting a beer and music night at his house. Should be fun. I have to come up with a couple of songs to share.

But right now I'm going back out to the garage. I'm a paintin' fool.

4 comments:

VO said...

Why don't you call a rescue organization for Lady?

Hope the garage painting got finished...nice that it didn't rain today eh?

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Hope the jam was fun. My night pretty much sucked.

Donita Curioso said...

Vo- I'm going to have to do something about that dog. I don't think she's very adoptable. She's mostly deaf and she has this icky, squirrely personality. I guess I could call around and find out what their criteria are. I can't have her here if she's going to hurt Charlie or the cats. Before we got Boz we got a dog from the pound that was supposed to be good with cats. That dog got ahold of our cat, Rickie, and chomped her hard and shook her like a rag. We took him back and had the cat put down. Nope, never again.

I didn't finish painting the garage. I wasn't planning to get it finished. I'm having to deal with that project the same way I've dealt with everything here so far. It's the tile game. I'm working on one side and then moving things around so I can get to the other side. I'm working with two colors at once. Sometimes I have to stop so I can wait for something to dry. It's a slow process but it's working well. As I move things around I'm also moving things out to my car to be taken to Second Time Around. Doing all of this makes me happy. Very soon I'll be taking tools and supplies out of boxes and putting them in cabinets and on shelves. Even though things are moving slow, it's giving me time to plan it all out. I know that once it's all in it's going to be that way for several years. I'm taking the time to get it right. I really want this place to function well. Oh man, I have so many ideas. I love it!

Jeff- The jam was pleasant. The only one there that I knew was Terry. My uke couldn't compete with their guitars so most of the night I played dumbek. Terry has a real nice one. We all sang our own songs for each other. I sang Middle Aged Woman and Health Science. I kinda got the feeling that the only one who enjoyed them was Terry. After we finished playing we watched a dvd of a concert that Dweezil Zappa did as a tribute to Frank. Anyway, I'll tell you all about it when I see you. I'm sorry your evening sucked.

VO said...

I think the criteria is that if the dog is not wanted, will be abandoned or put down someone will take it. Although most rescues are for specific dog breeds that I've seen. But my neighbor, who used to rescue dogs would take any dog, squirrely or not.

Believe me we've had some squirrely dogs next door over the years. I'm glad she's out of that business now.