Monday, September 11, 2006

What a weakling!!!

I just got back from a Mt. Rubidoux walk. Crapola, I was slow! On the way down I felt so weak and tired. This is not good.

When I got back from tour I was exhausted. Like, truly exhausted. So, I kicked back for a week. Then I got sick with a cold. Not a bad one but it did sap my energy. After that the weather was pretty hot and we were busy doing stuff. That's a long time to go without exercising. Plus, I haven't been curbing the carbs. Ok, vacation's over.

If I knock back the carbs and caffeine and if I get my ass up the mountain I'll bet it won't take me too long to bounce back. Also, I've neglected the weight loss blog. I need to reconnect there. And it's just about time for a complete physical. This body is screaming for help. My fingers are still numb (although they're better today), my heel still has that annoying sore spot, I need to know what my diabetes status is (time for some blood work) and I need a mammogram.

In two weeks I'll be 50. Oh, jeez.....!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, Doni - Turns out.........................50's not so bad! It kind of gives you a milestone right to question or not question stuff. Like, it's easier to dispense with the bullshit and blow the stuff you're not interested in off. Let me know how it goes. I'm doin' ok!

Love you, Mary

Donita Curioso said...

Some things get better with age, no doubt about it. But the body ain't one of 'em! Right now I feel like I'm falling apart physically. I haven't been right since the first week of tour. If you could have seen how hard we worked it would blow your mind. It was nuts! I'm a little worried that I damaged myself somehow. Bro-in-law, Dave, says the numbness in my fingers will heal if I take it easy. Glad to hear that.

Tonight I went up Rubidoux with Jeff. I was a little slow but I did much better than last night. When I was done I felt tired but good. Last night I felt like crap after my walk. So, I'm hopeful.

Love you, too!

Jim said...

I love ya too, Doni! You're doing the regular walking thing, doing better, and in two DAYS you're going to be 50!!! Congratulations on making it this far!

Oh, and when are ya gonna post again, I wonder... ;->

Love love love, Happy Happy HAPPY!!!

phuymoo - a certain attitude towards aging