Saturday, September 02, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dean! (Halloween's a-comin'!)

How does it feel to be plummeting towards oblivion? I'll join you in a few weeks.

Lots of family and friends having milestone birthdays this year. Let's see, Dean, Nancy, Mary, Jim, Lorraine and I are all 50, Stacey turned 40, Lindsay turned 21, Amelia and Rory are 18, Paige turned 16. Am I missing anyone?

We're going to have a party at Stacey's on October 21st. A birthday/Halloween party. A milestone/headstone party. Maybe now I can get the guys in the band to learn some Halloween songs. We'll see if the Canaries want to perform, and of course we'll have the TV's Kyle Band. I'm thinking we'll start early with stuff for the kids and then have the adults only party later. Damn, I'm turning 50. I've got to have a bash.

I'm looking forward to decorating Stacey and Scotty's house. I think the kids will have fun helping.

This year on Halloween we're going to have our display set up in Kevin's back yard. We'll do a cool walk-through display. I for sure want to have a bone band right in the middle of it. Since we're doing it in the back yard we can start setting things up several days ahead. We're usually so rushed trying to get things set up that we don't have time to do everything we'd like to do. We usually use only half of our stuff. It'll be fun to do a really great display.

So cool, I have two fun events to look forward to. Wait, three! We're going to the river this month.

7 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Ooh, sheet cake.

Ooh, swimming. I only went swimming one time this summer and it was only for half an hour at the highschool where Yamato held their band camp. I have a sister with a fabulous pool and a bro-in-law with a pool just down the street and I haven't set foot in either one of them. I have been dying for a swim because it would be so great for my back. I know I could go to Stacey's any time I want but it just hasn't worked out that way since I came home from tour. Yes, this is whining.

But now I have to finish this because I have to order a pizza.

I'm still a little sick.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Sound like a great party. I'm not sure you can afford the Canaries though.

vivage said...

Happy Bday Legadillo!

Hey, I know those Canary guys pretty well, maybe I can help convince them to play.

spiaf - A joint you smoke at the opera.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh, heh, spiaf...

Hell, I can't afford Casual Sunday or the TV's Kyle band either. The Canaries will play at my party because they love me, right?

Ok, I'll feed you.

I'm really looking forward to it. We haven't had a Halloween party since we moved down here. We used to have them every year. I'm inspired. I want to get busy making some props.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

OK. I'll send you a list of our favorite foods.

Donita Curioso said...

You'll have to bring them. It's pot luck.

I'll be making Killer Beans and Fabulous Mouth Burning Artichoke Dip. If those are on your list then you've scored.

Donita Curioso said...

Fire monkeys rule!

Why yes, thank you for correcting me! We did have a lovely swim with the Lorenz's at the hotel. And yes, it felt good on my back. It's good to stretch while weightless and buoyant.

We're going to Stacey's later. It's majorly hot today.