Sunday, July 30, 2006

Win in Arizona, breakdown in New Mexico


(Pic: Yamato rehearsing in Mo Val last week)
Hi, Jim here again. Doni called me this morning for an update. I miss her, but as long as I get daily updates it's good. Doni had some good news, and some not-so-good news. First the not-so-good news. In New Mexico in the middle of the night, about 200 miles west of El Paso Texas, the biggish truck that was pulling the kitchen trailer (a dang big trailer) suffered a major breakdown. In the rain. Eddie-san, the director of eveything besides music, and Doni's boss, was driving it. They couldn't repair it there and then, so they hitched the kitchen to the RV that Doni and the rest of the kitchen staff are living in, and drove on, down one truck. This had two effects: it really stressed out Eddie-san, and really smoothed out the ride in the very back of the RV, where Donita and her co-worker and new friend Liz sleep. So they got a really long and exceptionally deep night's sleep. Sleep is good. The other bit of not-so-good news is that Doni has been waking up with numb hands. We think it must have something to do with the amount of work she's been doing with her hands, but are concerned about them. Hopefully no permanent damage, etc. Doni was going to put a call into David Leece, her brother in law who is a doctor. I hope he can tell her what to do to alleviate the situation and make sure it gets no worse.

On the good news front, Yamato came in 1ST PLACE at the Glendale Arizona Show!

I'll update again after I hear from Donita again. - Jim

3 comments:

Jim said...

That sounds possible. I'll let her know what you said when she next calls, LD.

Thanks,

- Jim

Windfurfer said...

Hey, congratulations to Paige and Yamato! That would be a very cool performance to see.

Bummer about Doni's numbness. I've had that from sleeping on my hands and I've had it from repetitive motion too. Hope she gets it under control.

That's amazing that the RV could also function as a kind of tow truck. Sweet dreams for Doni.

You've all got a busy and fun week ahead of you. Yah!

vivage said...

I've been so busy this wkend that I only just got here. Have Donita get some wrist braces for both wrists. Sounds like carpal tunnel to me.