Friday, July 21, 2006

Donita incommunicado and general update.

Hi, Jim here. Donita is now officially "on tour" with Paige, although they are actually residing at Valley View High School in Moreno Valley until next week. Doni and I decided that I'll blog to her blog about topics usual for this blog in her absence. I'm a "guest blogger," I suppose.

Yesterday morning, we dropped Paige off at RCC so that she could go with the drum corps and welcome the Japanese musicians at LAX as they arrived. Then we took Doni's dad to the Loma Linda VA hospital for a foot checkup with a podiatrist. In the VA parking lot, a guy with cerebral palsy lost control of his electric trike, and Doni rescued him. She might have more to say about that when she returns. Anyway, Stan's feet are okay, no diabetic neuropathy evident, and they asked him to come back in a year.

We dropped Stan off at his home, and then Doni and I went out to BJ's for lunch on the way to dropping her off at Valley View HS. It was a very nice moment alone for us. Then I dropped her off.

Donita left a message this morning (while I was at a restaurant with Stan) and said everything's going fine.

Lindsay and Kyle just returned from the San Diego Comic Convention, where most everything went well for them.
Kyle started for home, but his car is having coolant problems, so he's on his way back.

Stan is watering the Christmas trees, which is supposed to be handled by Bud Lyons, the Christmas tree farmer who is working with him this year. I'm not about to tell Stan what to do in that regard, but his water bills for the last two months were both around $1000 (mostly due to plumbing leaks which have been fixed). I understand that Bud feels the trees only need watering a couple of times a week, and Stan feels that they need watering almost continuousuly in warm weather.

4 comments:

vivage said...

Welcome Guest Blogger Jim! Tell Donita we said, Have a safe and fun trip. Even tho we could probably yell it from here. LOL.

Windfurfer said...

Howdy Jim,

Thanks for keeping us in da lupe. Man, Doni's amazing to do what she's doing and to do what she does. So are you.

Stay cool. I'm not.

Donita Curioso said...

Hiya V, I'll forward your nice message, and yeah, it's only 18 miles by freeway, or 17 miles via Alessandro.

LD, I added a link on the main page top right corner. I may do it better later.

WF, Thank you too, man!

Today I got out in the weather on the way to visiting Doni. It was pretty amazing. I'll blog about that now.

vivage said...

I just blogged about the freakish weather on my blog and I'm going to go correct the temp based on your post.