Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Stuff

No real news. I'm blogging just cuz.

Just got back from walking the Rube and I be pooped. I don't understand why some days are easier than others. Yesterday I zoomed up, today it was hard. Oh well.

We're still dealing with Timio residue. It's going to be that way for a while. Today David the junk guy found some cockatiels in a cage that were left behind. Are thy coming back for them? We don't know. They had water but all the food had been eaten and there was nothing left but empty seed hulls. The cage is this weird home-built thing that looks like it's never been cleaned. I gave them some wild bird seed that I had. David says he has an aviary at home so he's going to take them.

I called the guy who owns the cement truck that's been parked out in the junk yard for a year. He came over to check it out. It's been geting vandalized and parts have been stolen. He's going to bring a battery for it and fix the tires so he can get it out of here. He also says he paid Dad for the back rent. I dunno. He seems like a nice guy, maybe he did.

Scotty said our realtor is going to put a sign up to advertise the property. It's funny but that bit of news gave me a little emotional jolt. I don't think I'll like seeing a For Sale sign hanging on the fence. But I'll get over it.

Let's see... Friday we're going to see Ramona's production of Once Upon A Mattress. Paige is playing in the band. Saturday we're going to see Naked Trucker and T-Bones. There might be a band practice in there somewhere. We might be playing at Jessica's bar on the 7th or the 14th. It'll be the first time in a looong time that Casual Sunday has performed. And it will be the first time we perform all the Kyle songs we know. Yeah, baby! We're gittin' a show together!

That's about it, I think. Next, a hot bath. My feet hurt.

9 comments:

vivage said...

Ya better let us know when you're playing (and where it is)!

Poor cockatiels! Poor kitties, man, Timeo isn't very good with animal care is he?

And hahahah, I always blog but never have anything to say really.

Donita Curioso said...

The words "Timio" and "animal care" don't belong in the same sentence. You should see the pen that he kept a dog in for 5 years. I'm so glad he and his family are gone. But oh lordy, you should see what they left behind.

We're (probably) playing this Sunday at Worthington's, across the street from Lake Alice. I'll send out a mass e-mail if it's going to happen.

Good walk with Jeff this evening. My feet hurt but otherwise I feel really good. Maybe I need new shoes.

ozjekra- a village in Iraq

vivage said...

Hmmm, Sunday huh? Wonder if the MIL would surrender and go? What kind of place is Worthingtons? A bar?

kaatctcr: the sound cockatiels make when they have no seed. They make the kaack sound when they run out of water. Hence kaacked means dead.

Donita Curioso said...

Worthington's is a bar. Jean might like it, for a little while, anyway. I'll bring ear plugs.

I've invited Jeff to play a few songs (gotta clear it with the band first).

vivage said...

No need for earplugs, she's got deaf eardrums, so it'll probably sound just about right for her.
rgouuq: ragout with roquefort

p.s. Why is there a little wheelchair person next to the word verification box? Has this always been there?

Jim said...

The wheelchair thing is kind of cool. If you click it and have sound turned on, it will speak several numbers with different recorded voices. Those numbers will also serve as the word verification input. It's an interesting alternative; give it a shot if you want.

Not so fun for making up words, though:

429900 - number of birdseed husks in timio's birdcage

vivage said...

3301233 Interesting.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, Once Upon A Mattress was very impressive. What a great cast. Those kids did an amazing job. Paige really had to do a lot of running around. She played bells, marimba, vibes, xylophone, timpani, temple blocks, tamborine and a shaker. Ah, mustn't forget the triangle. One third of the orchestra pit was Paige and her instruments. She took care of business. We be proud.

vivage said...

Rock on Paige! Dang, I should have told you to say Hi to Patty (the theater instructor there). Old, old, old friend of mine.
ifghr: If true statement