Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Better now.

Nothing important happening. I just wanted to write. Jim's been bugging me to blog.

Let's see, what haven't I written about? We've all decided that the Kyle band is going to be just us four for now. That's Jim, Lindsay, Kyle and me. The other guys just weren't able to make the necessary commitment. Also, we had drummer issues. We're going to work on the songs and get them polished enough to perform. Then when we're ready we'll bring in a drummer friend of Kyle's. It'll be a bummer not having a bass player but we can deal with that.

I think I've dropped a few pounds. The jeans that were too tight to wear in January are now too loose. Happy dance.

Paige and Rory went to the prom last weekend. We had to do a lot of last minute shopping but we managed to pull everything together. Paige looked just beautiful. I'll post some photos when I can get Jim to help me. I always forget how to do it.

Dad's doing ok but he always seems to be at the edge of a freak out. As long as things are going smoothly he's fine. But he does get flustered easily and he's become more forgetful. We might be seeing the beginnings of a slide.

Jim and I have been working on cleaning out the big trailer. We're going to use it for storage and get rid of the container we've been renting. On Monday we built some shelves that will hold about 20 of those plastic flip top bins. We can start moving things in now. Drew and Mindy had some furniture stored in there, including a sofa and chair from the 60s. I think they're pretty cool looking and they said we could have them. They need to be reupholstered of course. I'm going to do some calling around and find out how much that would cost. They seem pretty solid. Jim and I sat on the sofa and it didn't fall apart. Good sign!

Moving our storage into the trailer will really help things get organized around here. Right now we can't really use the workshop because there's no room. This will be a good opportunity to get rid of some stuff. I want to do a major purge.

Friday is Kyle's 27th birthday. We're going to the Trucker show. Happy Birthday, Kyle!!!

9 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Heh, heh! If things aren't going smoothly it's usually because of something he did!

vivage said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle!

Happy blogging too! Glad you've posted I am tired of reading my own blog and think my friends should blog as much as I do. Bwhahahahaha. I am addicted to reading and blogging.

Donita Curioso said...

Wow, fun night last night. Paige went with us this time. She laughed through the whole show. I'm glad she enjoyed it.

Afterward we went to The House Of Pie. Gruber and Andy showed up with Jake, the guitarist from The Breakups. We had a great time with them! Andy and Gruber were firing off the jokes nonstop.

I think Kyle enjoyed his birthday. We all made gifts for him. You can see mine on my Deviant Art page. Jim made a card featuring his famous owl and dog drawings. It's pretty cute. Paige did 3 pages of drawings for him. I swear, I've never seen her fill up a page like that. Every inch was covered. Kyle analyzed every detail (which I thought was impressive because we were in the Largo and it was dark).

Fun night. I was sitting right next to one of the guys from Kids In The Hall and I didn't even know it. After the show we were walking down the street and a young, drunk guy asked me for a hug. He seemed harmless so I hugged him. He kissed me on the cheek! Then he wanted to hug Lindsay. It was pretty funny, not really as creepy as it sounds. She and I both agreed that as encounters with drunken strangers go that one was pretty cool. We had a good laugh over it anyway.

cduhu- What you say when you're trying to get a cd's attention.

Jim said...

I suspect that the guy was more, um, raving, than drunk.

I'll post the owl & dog cartoon on my deviantart page.

Jim said...

Here's the Owl and Dog cartoon

Fine art at its finest, I'm sure! ;->

The dog's ear gets bigger in each panel, heh....

Now, I'm off to play with Ken and the Klones at the Orange Blossom Festival (1:30~2:30, Fifth and Main)!

vivage said...

I like the dog and owl.

Jim said...

Thanks, Viv.

Anonymous said...

Update yer damn blog!!

idsrijp: A japanese film information website.

Donita Curioso said...

It warms my heart to know you care.