Saturday, November 05, 2011

Ok, I'm waaay behind in my blogging. Stuff has happened!

October 7th I had my "big" show in Claremont. I really should have blogged about it right after, because at this point it's getting to be a distant memory. It was great! It seemed like half the room was there to see me. Drew, Mindy, Tori, Tyler, Stacey, Scotty, Brendan, Tracey, Hailey, Ray, Lindsay, Paige, and Kyle, and EVERYONE was seated right down in front. The other comics had fun messing with them all night. In addition to having my loving peeps there, the rest of the audience was really wonderful. Everyone there came to laugh.

I've performed a couple times since then. Spur of the moment stuff. Flappers Claremont is home, and I feel pretty comfortable performing there now.

I've been taking Bill Word's workshop on Monday nights to get myself up to speed. I'm working on writing stand-up material. On Tuesday nights, Bill runs a comic's open mike. It's kind of a strange scene. It's not in a club, or a bar. It's in a hotel in a conference room. The audience is a motley assemblage of comics. Everyone is there because they want to build their skills. People will present new material, or they'll rehash old material trying to make it better. Bill videos each performance and sends them to you the next day. I really appreciate him for doing this. Seeing these videos is very instructive.

So! Two awesome new developments! I've been invited to do two shows outside of Flappers. One is on November 19th in Redondo Beach. Laura Hayden produces a show called Comedy and Cupcakes. Her flyer for this show advertises "professional comedians seen on HBO and Comedy Central." Heh, heh! And there's my photo right there with the rest of them. Oh well, someday...

The second show is at THE COMEDY STORE!!!! Tuesday, November 15th. It's a "bringer show", meaning I have to bring people, but it's The Comedy Store, so I don't care. I get six minutes.

I'm rushing to finish this post because I have more to tell, but I'm going to make a whole new blog entry for it.

No comments: