Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wow. A big push.

Kind of strange. We've made some progress with the house that almost doesn't feel like progress because nothing got painted or ripped out.

This morning the plumber came to have a look at the job. After discussing it I decided that I'm going to rip out the bathroom cupboard and install a proper cabinet. I wanted to do that anyway, but I was hoping I could put it off. The bathroom project just got bigger. The plumber is going to email the estimate to me.

I moved all the pet food storage cans out to the sun room. Lio is not pleased. I've been wanting to get those big cans out of the kitchen for a while. It looks much better in there now. I worked on cleaning the garage for a while. You can't really see the progress at this point, but it's there. Got rid of a lot of stuff.

Tonight Paige and I FINALLY assembled her bed. I had been planning to get a new mattress and give her my old one. It's killing my back but she likes it. I've been on the look out for a new bed, but I haven't found one that I like. When I can afford it I'm going to get a latex mattress. I tried one out a couple weeks ago when Tracey and I were out shopping. Oh man, it was heaven! But it was about $1,800. I think I know where I can get one cheaper. Anyway, I had told Paige that when we get her bed put together she can have my mattress. Well, that happened this evening. So, tonight I'll be sleeping on one of the inflatables. Probably will be for a while.

Ooh, I'm getting excited about this bathroom project. Here's the big ol' list-
Get the valves fixed, shower and sink.
Rip out the old vanity and sink.
Repair the tile under the vanity.
Repair the huge, gaping hole in the wall where the shower leak ruined the plaster.
Take out the toilet.
Repair the plaster near the floor that was damaged when the washing machine leaked.
Install new baseboards.
Assemble the new vanity and medicine cabinet.
Paint.
Get a new toilet and install.
Install new large cabinet.
Install new vanity, sink and medicine cabinet.
Get a new light fixture.
Window treatment and decorating.
Someday a new shower door.

Wow.

No comments: