Monday, June 14, 2010

That's it. I'm stuck.

The meeting didn't go well. At this point I've told the story so many times I'm weary of the whole thing. I had this uber stupid, circular conversation with New Boss and Scattered that went on and on until I finally was able to figure out what had happened. It all goes back to their appallingly poor communication.

There were two grants. One had the position that was offered to me and the other has two office assistant positions. The first grant didn't come through, but the second one did. But they didn't tell me that that's what had happened. All they did was plug me into whatever they had available. Big difference.

It would have been very helpful if someone had called or emailed and said, "Donita, the position we had offered you didn't come through, but we can offer you this other position so you'll at least still have a job." THAT would have made a big difference. I could have tried to find something else in the time that I had. But they ran out the clock and didn't tell me until this whole thing blew up. And at the end of the meeting I was told that if that other position becomes available, I'm free to apply for it. Gee, thanks.

So, Wednesday I'm going to go in for orientation and start this new life adventure. Fewer hours for less pay and working for people who... Oh, nevermind.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sorry, Doni. I hope this new position brings yet unforseen advantages. Ya never know.

Anonymous said...

How was orientation? I bet you weren't able to orient them.

dean