Sunday, August 13, 2006

At the Police Station

Donita called again this morning; she'd just spent several hours at the police station filing a police report on a student's stolen wallet. She's pretty sure one of about three or so kids did it, and it was a prank that got out of hand, ending with the wallet probably thrown in the trash and hence becoming almost unrecoverable. His folks faxed an ID to him, and he should be able to fly home, but the American Yamato kids have been behaving quite dishonorably, trashing the elementary school they're staying in and getting in fights and stuff with each other.

Today is the "free day" in Milwaukee, but Doni stayed and filed the report with the police. Besides, she said, the kitchen staff has to stay and prepare tonight's banquet. She wrote a song about the wallet theft that she might perform tonight at the banquet. So no look at the city's longest street.

They have figured out the carry-on situation; anything that they couldn't take on carry-on will ride the RV home and she'll pick it up later this week.

Kind of a down end to a mostly good tour; i'll be glad to give them both hugs tomorrow after they get to LAX.
This is probably my last tour update, and tomorrow or the next day Doni can log on herself.

So, that's all from me at home base,

- Jim

4 comments:

Windfurfer said...

Hi Jim,

Great job covering for Doni while she's away. I just can't tell if you miss her or not. Just kidding.

What a great experience for Paige.

See you

Jim said...

Thanks, WF, I've been trying to keep a record of what I find out here. I miss Doni more than I expected. I like being alone, but I feel incomplete without Doni around. (And once local friends / friends of friends started dying, I really felt a need for updates.)

It'll be interesting to see how much this experience affects Paige in the long run; I'm sure it'll be great for her overall.

I just got off the phone with Doni; as of right now, they're still in Chicago, waiting for a "navigational component" to be swapped out in the plane. So I'm watching the flight status on the AA page. ETA: 9:06 (originally 5:02) PM. It looks like they just took off, so that's likely to be the actual arrival time now.

vivage said...

Nice job blogging Jim and I'm betting the house will feel a whole lot sweeter with Donita back home.

Tell her I said Welcome home! I hope all her physical woes melt away as soon as she gets home.

Donita Curioso said...

I'm home! I'm keeping this short for now. I'll go blog crazy pretty soon but right now I'm just too tired. I haven't even read all of Jim's posts yet.

More later. Much, much more...