Thursday, January 06, 2005

Don't call them resolutions

Just because I'm thinking about this stuff in early January doesn't mean I'm making a bunch of New Year's resolutions. Christmas is over so my brain is freed up. I can think again. I think I want to make some changes. Here's the crap I want to work on.

Keeping a journal- I'm not sure blogging is the way to go with this. I relate to pen and paper a bit better. Maybe with practice I'll like the blog thing, I dunno. Anyway, I haven't kept a journal since I was in highschool. Back then it was all a bunch of teenage ravings about boys. I can probably do better now. Let's see how far I get with this before I flake out.

Getting daily exercise- Jeez, I gotta do something! I used to get lots of exercise before we moved here. Since we don't have any income yet I can't justify spending money on a gym membership. I really can do it at home. I just have to do it, dammit! I'll re-up at Workouts For You (online program).

Taking care of my general health- I've already gotten my mammogram (got the results. I'm cool) and a chest x-ray. This morning I got the blood test. I still need to get the electrocardiogram and the rest of the woman stuff. Then I'll know where I stand. Gonna see about doing Optifast. If I can do that and get the exercise going I oughta be ok. Oh yeah, and the vitamins. I'm usually pretty good about that. Keep it up. FLOSS!!!

Daily housekeeping- Really, this shouldn't be too hard. If I putter around a little every day it should keep the big jobs to a minimum. I love having a clean house. So, why isn't it clean all the time? The eternal question. Even sis-in-law, Sherri, thinks her house is a mess and she's the best housekeeper I know.

Organize- This goes along with the housekeeping. Get rid of stuff. Build those damn shelves. Fix my storage problems.

Pay bills!- Don't let them pile up. If I'm good about the house cleaning I'll always have a clean desk to sit at and pay those suckers. Manage our money better.

Forward Rancho Curioso- Nurture this business. Get it going! The new paper will be in soon. Sell it! Get Jim off his butt.

My appearance- Losing weight will help. I have lots of nice clothes that are just a bit too small for me right now. Get regular haircuts. I always let that go for too long.

Go to bed earlier- Really, 10:00 is when I should be going to bed.

Stay in touch- Call those Northern California folks more often. Ruth, too.

Ok, that oughta do it for now.



No comments: