Tuesday, October 05, 2004

It's October

So, one reason we decided to start this blog was to share some of our Halloween ideas. When we get all our Halloween stuff out I'll take some photos and post them here. I'll also give step-by-step instructions for making these props and costumes.

We've been doing this Halloween thing for about 17 years now. We decorate more than most people but there are some folks who do a LOT more than us. I'll post their websites as well. I like to encourage people to decorate for Halloween. The neighborhood I grew up in was great for trick-or-treating. The neighbors were into it and a lot of people decorated. My parents always did something that was pretty fun. I'll post that stuff here, too.

Usually around August I'll start shopping at the thrift stores for stuff. Actually, I'm keeping my eyes open for props and costumes all year round. I've put together several costumes that looked fabulous and cost less than $50. I don't have sewing skills but the beauty of thrift store clothes is someone has already done most of the sewing for me and they're really cheap. I don't feel uncomfortable taking a pair of scissors to a garment I only paid a couple bucks for.

More to come...

2 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Welcome, Tim! Don't go looking for political stuff here. I'm quite neutral on the subject. I just live my life and am very happy to trust my leaders to do the right thing and look out for my best interests. It's a much easier way to live and I hardly notice it when I'm being screwed in the ass. Boy, it sure does bother me when election time rolls around and people start getting all icky. Why don't they just lighten up?

Donita Curioso said...

Dang, my blog is possessed